How we collect your personal information
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags” and “pixels” are electronic files that maybe used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Additionally when you apply for a job through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, address, email address, trade qualifications and phone number. We refer to this information as “Applicant Information.”
How we use your personal information
We use the Applicant Information that we collect generally to fill any job roles advertised through the Site (including processing your application information and providing you with updates on your application). Additionally, we use this Applicant Information to:
- Communicate with you; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to
- Help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address)
- Improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). Device Information may also be used for advertising purposes including retargeting.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page.
Links to third parties
We may share your Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above only. For example, we may use Mailchimp to communicate information to our database of applicants. These platforms have strict Privacy Policies and do not share their data with third parties unless required for general business operations. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Access to personal information
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Data retention and keeping your information secure
Evolve Lighting will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Email is generally not considered a secure way to communicate and you should be aware of this when sending any personal information to us via email.
When you apply for an open role through the Site, we will maintain your Applicant Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com